Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015

Part Two: Emotion



So, I started animating 'Part Two - Emotion' today. I haven't said this on this blog yet, but the short film is basically devided in 4 parts and two themes. The themes are 'OUTSIDE' and 'INSIDE', which means - simply enough - that the action is either taking place inside or outside my body. The 'INSIDE' parts are enveloped by the 'OUTSIDE' parts, which I find is both fitting and feeling more natural than any other option.

The parts:

ONE - introduction (outside)
TWO - emotion (inside)
THREE - logic/thought (inside)
FOUR - goodbye (outside)

This will probably be more conclusive once the animation is actually done.

Anyways, in part two I introduce/show the people I love (among other things). I have been sitting at my laptop almost nonstop since 9:30 am today and have only gotten around to two of the eight people I want to show - and one of them is a dog. Animation is a long process and I get constantly distracted by how awesome something looks once it's actually working.

I made several GIFs to document this:


The heart transforms into the stilised face of my brother Leonard. It's still pretty rough.


Once I added the veins it looked a bit smoother, but it's still not finished.


This is finally the finished transformation – 26 frames.
Next I animated the easiest face of the bunch; the one of my dog, Lella.






And finally I tried out how it would look like when the faces keep coming, as I wanted to have the heart beating inbetween.